Thursday, April 22, 2010

**Updated** Savvy Shopper Post!

So by popular demand here is my first Savvy Shopper post!  (and by popular demand I mean one person asked and now that my blog looks so good I am pumped about posting more stuff!)

I had a pretty good week at Rainbow with double coupons...especially once I found out that I got to double 10 coupons instead of 5!  My total out of pocket was $20.97 and the shelf price for all the stuff I got was $70.55 which means I saved over 70%!  I even got Dawn dish detergent, 6 bottles of Vitamin Water, and 2 packages of lunch meat for free, as well as 2 Trop50 juices for $0.50 each and fruit cups for $0.19!

Then tonight I decided to run over to Target to use a couple of coupons I have and was able to pick up a cute little spring purse for free!  It was on clearance for $5 and I had a $5 off Merona purse coupon from the Target website.  $5- $5 = FREE  :D  (That's my favorite kind of math!)

Here's a pic of my *free* purse!  (Sorry it's not the best pic but I just have a point and shoot and not a lot of practice!)  I'll have to remember to take pics of my great grocery deals in the future!


I posted this all before I went to Cub for the week and since I got such a great deal there too I thought I would update and share!  Cub is running a deal this week where if you bought 10 specific ConAgra products you would get $10 back to use on your next shopping trip.  So I dug through my coupons and found a bunch from a coupon book ConAgra had sent me awhile back that made this a pretty sweet deal!

So here is what I got:

  • 1 box of Orville Redenbacher's Smart Pop 100 cal popcorn $1.78
  • 8 Healthy Choice Entrees $1.99 each
  • 1 Healthy Choice Cafe Steam $2.69
Then I used these coupons:
  • $1/1 box of Orville Redenbacher's Smart Pop
  • $1/2 Healthy Choice All Natural Entrees
  • $1/2 Healthy Choice Select Entrees
  • 2 $1/2 any Healthy Choice frozen meals
  • $1/1 Healthy Choice Cafe Steamer
So my total cost was $14.39 and I got a coupon for $10 off my next trip to Cub!  That makes it a total of $4.39 for 9 frozen meals and a box of popcorn!  Not too shabby!  Especially since I love to have frozen meals around for busy (or lazy!) nights!

One other great deal we got this week were 2 pairs of flip flops for the hubby from Aeropostale for less than $6 by using this great $10 off $10 purchase coupon!  It is only good until the 25th so check it out soon!  You could use it to get a bunch of different things for super cheap!

I also wanted to update this post to give credit where credit is due!  

I absolutely plan 85-90% of my shopping using Pocket Your Dollars website!  She focuses a lot on local deals (Minneapolis area) but also has a ton of national things as well so I definitely recommend checking her out!

Another site I love is dealnews.com!  I follow it in google reader so it really helps me stay up to the minute on the fab deals that can be found on the web!  (That is where I first found the Aeropostale deal!)

Hope those are some helpful hints!  Happy Savvy Shopping!

1 comments:

Sal said...

Good for you, girl! I'm not that great at being savvy, so this post is wonderful!

I'm glad I found your blog :) I'll definitely be following in hopes to hear some more great buys!