Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Pirate Treasure Sensory Tub

I love the idea of sensory tubs (I found them on a couple different mommy blogs, specifically Counting Coconuts) and Little L has been loving them too!  I decided to do some pirates stuff last month and put together this tub to go along with the theme.
I filled the tub with black beans for the "dirt" and then put coins from the dollar store as well as some necklaces and bracelets.  Then she got to dig through and find her "treasure"!

I had a hat and eye patch from the dollar store to complete the pirate feel.  :)

Putting the black beans in her "hook"

I made the mistake of leaving her unattended while she was playing with the tub and this is what I came back too!  Needless to say I didn't leave her alone with the tub after that!  :)
 We read a couple different pirate books including: Backyardigans Pirate TreasureShiver Me Letters: A Pirate ABC,  Do Pirates Take Baths?,  and Night Pirates.

Along with the books I used this Pirate Tot Pack from Homeschool Creations blog.  The Bible verse that it focuses on is "Where your treasure is, there your heart is also" so it's been fun to include the Word on that while we hunt for treasure!  And hunting for treasure is one of Little L's favorite activities that we did to go with our pirate theme.  We take the "doubloons" that we used in the sensory tub and hide them around the house.  Then we dress up as pirates and go around looking for our treasure!  "ARRRRR"  :)

This is a pic of the hubby with Little L after a treasure hunt!

0 comments: