Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Fun Inside on a Rainy Day

About a month ago we decided to try out the story time at Eidem Family Farm in Brooklyn Park.  Unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate and story time was canceled.  However, the lady at the farm was nice enough to let us roam around a little bit to check out the animals since it wasn't really raining.  Little L had a blast "feeding" the goats straw and checking out the other animals!  She also enjoyed running around checking everything out but was a little bummed that we weren't going to have our picnic that I was planning to eat at the farm.  So after we left we had a "picnic" in our living room!  Later that day I made up some "Fourth of July" play dough and we had a grand ol' time!  Here are a few pics I took!


Driving from the farm

Eating at our picnic lunch

We watched a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse episode where Minnie plans a picnic while we had our picnic!

Here's a pic of the play dough I made.  I added food coloring to the two and I added glitter to all three.  It is kind of hard to see the glitter in the picture but it made for pretty play dough!

This play dough is really great!  Super easy to make and super smooth and fun to play with!  I will definitely be making more in the near future!

My attempt at an American flag since we were learning about "America's Birthday"  

Here is the link to the play dough recipe I got from Counting Coconuts.  Seriously LOVE that blog!

0 comments: