Monday, July 19, 2010

Weekly Update - Victory!

First up!  Good news about the hubby!  He just passed the first half of his Krav Maga instructor's course today!  Victory!

For those of you that don't know, my hubby has been taking a VERY intensive training course for the past 10 days straight to become a Krav Maga instructor.  He has been getting up early every day to spend time with God and then he took off for about 9 hours of training (in a building without air conditioning - and it has been a HOT week here!).  After the full day of hard work he came home, ate dinner, spent some quality time with Little L and me, studied, and then went to sleep!  Lather, rinse, repeat - for 10 days!  It has been a hard week physically and mentally for him but the grace of God got him though!

While the hubby has been "playing", Little L and I have been spending lots of quality time together!  It has been different to not have him around to help out but it has been a fun time of really focusing on my relationship with Little L!  I took one day off of work and then on the one day I did work my mother-in-law came and stayed with her.  Thankfully Little L is so easy going that I think they had a fun time of playing together too!

We kept busy in the hot weather by going swimming and playing in our new wading pool in the backyard and at night I spent some time making my very first tutu!  You can read more about that here.

My dad was in town for 2 weeks over the 4th of July and we had such a blast with him!  Unfortunately, Little L ended up with croup the first full day he was here but we still had fun even though we had to improvise our plans.  Then my dad headed up to his lake cabin near Bemidji and the hubby, Little L and I followed a few days later.  We stayed Friday-Tuesday and had a great time playing in the lake, catching up with family, and lighting fireworks.  I know I mentioned this in another post but I promise to put up a post dedicated to the 4th real soon!  The pictures are SUPER cute so I know it will be worth the wait!  ;)

On a more serious note, I found out yesterday that a good friend of mine (she was one of our bridesmaids) was in the hospital after complications from a semi-rountine surgery.  Another girlfriend of mine (also a bridesmaid), her hubby, Little L and myself, all drove an hour to go and see her and pray for her.  It is very serious (she was on a ventilator when we went) but we know that she is healed by the Power of Jesus!  She is already doing better and I know those good reports will keep on pouring in!  Victory is hers through Jesus!  Please lift her up in prayer if you think about it.  I know she will really appreciate it!  

After going to visit her Little L and I went to church and it was one of those services that I felt God designed and planned just for me!  The song we were singing when I walked in is what inspired the title of this post.  The words are "We've got the victory!  Everything will be alright cause we're on the winning side!"  Those words couldn't have been more perfect for how I was feeling about my girlfriend!  It just confirmed that she will overcome!  The rest of the service was just as amazing!  If you are interested in hearing it check out the podcast here, it should be up in a week or so and will be called "Practicing His Presence Part 2" by Jim Hammond.  Trust me, it will be well worth the listen!  Oh, and don't be suprised if I start talking about Joseph Prince's new book "Unmerited Favor" because I am going to buy that book soon and I know it will change my life in huge ways even if it is only half as good as his book "Destined to Reign"!

All right, sorry for the long post with no pictures!  I just wanted to update you all on the happenings in our very full lives!

Remember...you've got the VICTORY!

0 comments: