Thursday, May 13, 2010

Things I Love Thursdays - Demon Hunter and War of Ages



tilt.jpg

So this week I am going to tell you about 2 bands I love, Demon Hunter and War of Ages.  Now, while I think these guys are great to listen to (when I am in a head banging kind of mood) the real reason I love them is because they make my hubby happy!  

If you have never heard of them before they are both heavy metal bands full of guys that love Jesus!  It is so great because it allows my hubby to rock out and praise God at the same time!  

The reason I am posting this today is because last night both of those bands were in town and the hubby went with a friend of his to rock out.  Let me just tell you that when he found out they were coming, way back in January or so, the drooling began!  He has been patiently waiting for last night for so long!  Which of course means Little L and I have been happily listening to both of these bands quite frequently and yes, I do know most of the words!  The best part is watching Little L dance when Daddy plays these guys...she is most definitely going to be a little rocker!

This is the hubby and his buddy right before the show!  Can you feel the excitement!

I have to admit I was a little concerned that the hubby might be let down after having such high hopes for so long but thankfully God made sure everything worked out perfectly!  They got there just before War of Ages took the stage and had great seats (or as great of seats as you can get at that venue anyway!).  Our camera was stowed safety in the hubby's pocket just in case he was able to get a shot of one of the bands.  Once he got there though, he told me, he decided to just put it into God's hands and if he got the chance for a picture than so be it.  Praise Jesus that He cares about everything!  Just as the night was wrapping up both the lead singer from Demon Hunter and the War of Ages guys were available for pictures.  It just totally worked out!  
This is the hubby with Ryan Clark from Demon Hunter


And here he is with the guys from War of Ages!



So if you are looking for some heavy music that really does glorify God then check these bands out!  The hubby and I love them!

Thanks to The Diaper Diaries for hosting "Things I Love Thursdays!" 

1 comments:

thediaperdiaries said...

This is totally not my style of music, but how much do I love that it exists!!! And your hubby's face is priceless. So glad he got to meet them.